Willem problem...

Ответить
songokuaka2
Willem problem...

Сообщение songokuaka2 » Пт авг 14, 2009 3:51 pm

Hi Guys,

I need some of your advise. I have read most of the Topics concerning my Problem, but
I haven´t found a fitting solution for my Problem.

My Equipment is a Willem PCB5.0a (purchased from Ebay), a Multimeter and a Laptop:-)

My Problem is that my nearly 2 Weeks old Willem can´t write Chips anymore.
My Software Version is 0.98D9. When I try to erase a Chip the programm spend some time
on it and show me a success. But when I make a blank Test I get an error Message that the
Device is not Empty "$000000" When I try to overwrite its content without erasing it stops every time on "0%" and do nothing more/=

I tried it with SST49LV040, Megawin 29LF040, SST39LF040 and an SPI Flash "29X80" and always get the same result.

Greetings from Marl
The DIP´s value are correct and I´m always working in 3.6V mode (Jumper removed).

I don´t think every flash is broken. There are to many plus the reading gives normal values back.
I think my Hardware is broken somehow and I need your expertise where the Problem can be found.

First I have made an H/W Test and measured all positions on the ZIF Socket. The Data I get from this were equal to the in the "test PDF" on your Site. But when I clear all options and should get "0V" everywhere I get from D3-D7 Values between 0.19 to 0.50 and also at D1. I think there is the Problem. But I don´t know what I have to do now? Are they Parts I have to exchange? When yes do you have an Idea which Parts?

Thank you very much for every help you could offer me.

Ezo
------

Re: Willem problem...

Сообщение Ezo » Пт авг 14, 2009 7:26 pm

First I have made an H/W Test and measured all positions on the ZIF Socket.
Go Test H/W all signals one by one and measure both voltages on/off
But when I clear all options and should get "0V" everywhere I get from D3-D7 Values between 0.19 to 0.50 and also at D1. I think there is the Problem.
Usually voltages are close to 0. Problem can be if voltages are > 0.6V. Not sure 0.5 gives a problem. Try change power from USB to external (9..12V)
SST49LV040
Is correct chip name ?
Megawin 29LF040, SST39LF040
Are chips DIP-32 or PLCC-32. Clean PLCC32 chip contacts, often no contact in socket.
What is get ID reply ?
My Software Version is 0.98D9
Try with SW 0.97ja and programmer mode pcb3b (change related 2 jumpers)

songokuaka2

Сообщение songokuaka2 » Пт авг 14, 2009 9:17 pm

You are right with your suggestion that I use PLCC32 Chips. But I have also tried a SPI Chip which I have connected through Wires with the 25CXX Port (25X80 SPI Chip). I could Read the ID and the whole Chip, but the same write Problem (0% for eternity). Because of that I don´t think there isn´t contact between the PINS. But I will give it a try and post the results.

The Chip name was indeed SST49LF004B and SST39VF040. But I have problems with PLCC32 Chips from the beginning. The only one I get an ID is from MEGAWIN. All others have "..." or blanks written in the ID field-_-"

Maybe you have here a suggestion. I don´t use USB to power the programmer, but an extern source with 300mA and 12V.

Greetings

songokuaka2

Сообщение songokuaka2 » Сб авг 15, 2009 12:51 pm

Okay I have tried your solutions but nothing changed. Any other IDEA´s why I can´t erase and the programming stops at 0%? In the meantime I have tried all on another PC and get the same results.

I am really sure my Willem is dead... -__-

Please help :|

greetings

Ezo
------

Сообщение Ezo » Сб авг 15, 2009 4:28 pm

Do you use correct sockets, SST49LF004B- FWH/LPC, SST39VF040 - PLCC32 ?
Note, set Vcc=5 for FWH/LPC chips.
What is returned ID for Megawin ?
What results on 0.97 ja and programmer pcb3b mode ?

songokuaka2

Сообщение songokuaka2 » Сб авг 15, 2009 6:59 pm

You were right with the wrong Socket for the 39VF040 Chips. But it doesn´t change my matter.
The 5V mode is always running. I haven´t changed this.

The whole Chip is readed, but when I click on "erase" it says only "Erase completed by Check of DQ7" But when i try to verify it says "Device is NOT empty ($0000000)" The same problem like always.

Programming stops at 0%.

I tried all in PCB3 mode and normal PCB5 mode (0.97ja and 0.98D9)

There must be a Hardware Error. Do anyone know, which device on the Board I need to change in order to get the write and erase Process do their work properly?

P.S.: ID for the Megawin changes from Hitachi to Fujitsu. Thats also weird /= All other Chips don´t have one only "[----]"

greetings

songokuaka2

Сообщение songokuaka2 » Сб авг 15, 2009 10:22 pm

Everything okay since I remove the IC´s:-) Maybe it helps someone.

Thanks for everything
greetings

Ezo
------

Сообщение Ezo » Вс авг 16, 2009 6:57 am

Everything okay since I remove the IC´s:-)
What chips replaced ? What are old chips full name ?
From my experience only 4503 were defectiv, and probably damage came due to wrong sequence connections/disconnections (power supply, parallel port).
In old willem forum was discuss on chips from specific vendor.

Ответить