Kee Electronics 6.2v not working. (Solved)

Ответить
FitzGregory
Kee Electronics 6.2v not working. (Solved)

Сообщение FitzGregory » Вт фев 18, 2014 4:34 am

I am trying to program an EPROM (27C010) and all instructions that I find say I need to set the jumper settings to 6.2v to program an EPROM chip. I have deduced that removing J8 from my board (Kee Electronics "2010 PCB50") should set the voltage to 6.2, but the board now fails the software "Test Hardware" function with an error of "Hardware Error : Check Power & connection".

When I set the jumper to 5v or 5.6v everything works fine, but when the jumper is removed the board fails to communicate. I have a 12v 500mA switching power supply plugged in.

Do I have a bad board?

Update:
I hooked up the programmer to a different computer and it detects it now with 6.2V enabled, but I am getting "Error at 0x000293 Chip = 0x00 buffer = 0x80" every time, on five different 27c010 chips. I understand this means that the programmer attempted to write a value of 28 to location 3 but it verified as a value of 00 instead.

The mentioned error shows up on the following software versions on a "2010 PCB 50":
0.98D5
0.98D12C3
0.98D12C4

Update 2:
I did some measurements on the ZIF socket with all the pins turned on in the H/W Test tab and I am getting propper voltages thoughtout except for the following:
CE - 22 @ 5.42v when expecting 6.0v
A9 - 26 @ 4.46v when expecting 6.0v

Also, toggle #8 is showing 2.0Meg Ohm when in the OFF position. H/W Test mode has #8 in ON position so I suspect it is not the problem.

This is the limit of my diagnostic abilities. Any advice?

Update 3:
I have a new clue. If I try to program alternating 0xAA and 0x55 the chip programs without error. Same with alternating 0x55 and 0xAA. But when I try to program an actual bin file it fails the exact same way every time for that bin file ( I tried two different bin files).

FitzGregory

Re: Kee Electronics 6.2v not working. (Solved)

Сообщение FitzGregory » Ср мар 05, 2014 3:48 am

It turns out I have been barking up the wrong tree this entire time. The laptop I was using to connect to the Willem programmer was not compatable and I had assumed it was a programmer hardware error.

The problem with to voltages at pins 22 and 26 were a non issue as the 27c010 only needs a minimum of 2 volts to trigger so even the lower 4.46v was more than enough.

The toggle bank position #8 showing 2.0M Ohm is also a non issue. This is a "close is good enough" situation. Not ideal, but good enough.

To anybody else having this issue I am using the Willem software 0.98D12 without any suffixes such as C2 or C3 etc. and the two board version/compatibility jumpers on the left side of the "2010 PCB 50" board have the right most pins jumped.

Ответить