s29GL128n will not Erase !! SOLVED

Ezo
------
Re: s29GL128n will not Erase !!

Сообщение Ezo » Вс фев 15, 2015 8:27 pm

It works ok with old pcb3b, crossadapter, tsop48d3, 0.97ja (selected 16bit, Am29DL322), both erase utilities downloaded from link.
crossadapter - Jp5,Open3.6V, A19 and A20 linked to programmer
Before erase all 4 blocks programmed with content and verified. Erased entire chip - both block jumpers F and H installed. (2 highest adress low), extID_erase16_512 used. 0.97ja Blank check -ok
Find pictures attached, questions ?
If really chip has some kind of extra protection , willem sw cannot manage. Sorry :(
Вложения
gl128-tests.zip
(1.05МБ)334 скачивания

eetech

Re: s29GL128n will not Erase !!

Сообщение eetech » Пн фев 16, 2015 6:03 pm

Thanks Ezo for all your efforts and Time , i Really appreciate taking the time to confirm everything .

My conclusion is either something wrong with my TSOP48D3 adapter ( because the PCB din't come out in a quality that i trust and had to repair some traces)

Or the S29GL128N has come kind of protection that like you said the software cant Handel .

i'm going to order some blank Spansion S29GL128 to see if i can program them.

also i want to ask you about the TSOP48D3 PCB in your Pic's they look like they been professionally made are they available for sale ?

i already made an Eagle schematic and Board layout for it to have made by a PCB factory , but if they available for a reasonable price i'l buy them and save money.

eetech

Re: s29GL128n will not Erase...SOLVED !!

Сообщение eetech » Пн фев 23, 2015 3:46 pm

Hi, Ezo and Members ,

just want to give a feedback about my findings ...I ordered 5 new Spansion s29GL128N from eBay and when i got them yesterday i soldered a chip on the TSOP48D3 adapter . the chip's came already programmed with some data as the seller said that the Vendor had them mass programmed by the factory and that's why i got a good deal on the price .Anyway
i confirmed the ID of the chip it was OK and then used the get ID _erase 300 sec to erase the chip and it came back as 0XFFFF and then i used the Ja97 Willem software to check the chip for Blank and it came back Chip is Blank ...Yay.. its finally SOLVED

I'm Happy that i confirmed that my Hardware is working Right ...and the problem was all this time with the chip itself
My experience in programming Eeproms and MIC's i know that they can lock the Dumping of the data and if i need to program the device i have to Erase it then i can program it again ... but this the first time i encounter a chip that i can read the data but i cant write or erase it.
the Chip belongs to a TV board that has a USB for firmware Updates which mean the data in the S29GL128 have to be updated whenever a firmware gets uploaded ,
Ezo do you think the security of the chip that preventing writing and Erasing is software controlled ? just wondering

Thanks for all the Help i got on this issue and looking forward to be regular reader for EzoFlash .. best wishes.

Ответить